Skip to main content

NaNoWriMo - Join Me?


I'm finally doing it! After all these years. I'm doing NaNoWriMo! It's a bit scary when first considering it. 1,670 words a day, everyday, for the month of November. Write one, long book during that time. With the goal of 50,000 words (minimum) by end of November 30th. Truth is, it's not as hard or as scary as it sounds. Some of my days  will be more productive and make up for the days when I'm overwhelmed with life and unable to write as much. Also, when I log my progress on their website, no one actually sees what I write. I actually never show anyone what I wrote. Unless I want to. A NaNoWriMo veteran made sure I knew that I was to write furiously and with ZERO edits during this time. First rough draft only. Do NOT go back and edit, no matter how badly I wanted to. It's how this fantastic annual writing event works! Many people have gone on to publish what they wrote during that November. After heavy editing, of course. Reminder: Only editing AFTER November 30th, too. Haha. 

I love to write and have been told some of my pieces are pretty good. But, like most writers, I lack confidence. Because of this, I'm attempting to build up a community of support for my participation in NaNoWriMo this year.

If you  write, consider doing it this year! At least attempt to! I created and operate a writer's group on Discord and NaNoWriMo. It's called "Writers Guild". I would love for anyone, and everyone, consider trying NaNoWriMo out this year. I'll list all the needed information below. Not a fan or familiar with Discord? No worries! Many people are part of my NaNoWriMo group only and not the Discord side! The thing is, the more people in the groups, the better support each person receives. The impact of having others see your daily progress, and seeing theirs, is encouraging and uplifting when we all cheer each other on!

Have I peaked your interest? Good! Here is information on the whole thing. Note that the free course I list isn't required or needed. It's only extra help if you would like to check it out and see if it's for you.

Not familiar with this awesome annual November event? This wiki page should help you a great deal in understanding what it's about!  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Novel_Writing_Month 

If you want to participate, first create a profile on their website. Please know that creating a profile doesn't obligate you to anything, including participating this year. Your account is actually for year around events, not just for this big one! Or just for you to look around! Again, no obligation!

Remember! They will send you a verification link to the email address you provided. Please make sure that, before you do ANYTHING else, you find that email, click on it, and make sure you get verified!

Additionally, it's totally optional on what you want your username to be. However, this is the name which will be on your certificate. I, and many others, decided to use real names. Trust me, you'll be happy you did.

The NaNoWriMo website to sign up - https://nanowrimo.org/ 

I would absolutely love it if you connected with me on the NaNoWriMo website! 

No pressure. But if interested...  

Once you verify your account, consider a few things. I love making friends. Feel free to connect with me. 

My profile on NaNoWriMo - https://nanowrimo.org/participants/cindybahl

Think about joining my group on NaNoWriMo! 

Writers Guild on NaNoWriMo - https://nanowrimo.org/writing-groups/writers-guild 

If you use Discord, ever thought about using it, please consider joining my group on there as well. And, like usual, you are free to friend me on Discord, too! What is Discord? It's basically like Slack but WAY better. And everyone is now using it, including schools, churches, you name it!

You can find me, on Discord, by looking for this username: Geekstress#4068

Writers Guild on Discord - https://discord.gg/pYdwyPG

If you join our Discord group, you'll have access to more writing resources than you can imagine!

Need help planning your NaNoWriMo participation? Consider checking out this totally free course! 

Writing Novel Prep Challenge for NaNoWriMo. Select the 'free' course at the top left! https://theworldneedsyourbook.teachable.com/

I honestly hope you'll consider doing it. Have you done it before? Great! Consider joining forces with us! Haven't? It actually is a fantastic way to kick up you writing! 

Remember ! "The first draft is just you telling yourself the story." And nothing else. Don't stress about it! (Quote from Terry Pratchett.)

Hope to hear from you! 

- Cindy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quick Knit Patterns for Last Minute Gifts!

  Generations Purse Don’t panic if you need to make a gift quickly! Browse through this extensive list of ideas for small, free, fast, and cute knit patterns which are perfect as gifts! If nothing else, hopefully the list will inspire you on ideas! Have fun! I would absolutely love to see your finished projects in the comments section! And it would be fantastic to hear what patterns you think I should add to this list! Please let me know if you discover any patterns are crochet (oops!) or have a fee. They’ll be removed immediately as this list is just for free knit patterns.   Wee Knitting Needle Bag Knitting Needle Knitting Bag Lavender Sachet Simple iPhone Cozy, Two Ways "Grrr" Cute Funny Washcloth/Dishcloth Knitted Pocket Felted (1) Coin Purse or (2) Notions Purse "A Little Bird Told Me" Cute Small Handbag/Purse Christine Bag (this is really pretty!) Beginner's Luck Pouch Square Cake Wristlet Handbag/Purse The Little Coco Bag Swa

The Gaslighter — Haiku

  Contempt carves her soul He wants her pain to sustain His pleasure is cruel

Goodbye, Best Friend

  I lost my best friend on March 30 th , this past Tuesday. She was fourteen years old and literally saved my life on more than one occasion. Her friendship was invaluable. Her soul changed my life forever. I love her so much and already miss her.  Today, I created art that represented who she was. Wise, non-harming, intelligent, loving, devoted, and so much more.  Thank you, Lilly, for being an amazing friend and honoring me with your love and kindness.